Haine was born on January 21, the daughter of Maika Kamiya and Itsuki Otomiya. Maika's husband, Kazuhito Kamiya raised Haine to be the head of the Kamiya family, placing a lot of pressure on her. Haine had some relief from the pressure after Kazuhito gave her a storybook, The Unforgettable Song of the Witch by Shizumasa Togu. She fell in love with the story and was able to meet Shizumasa at a party, where she declared her love to him.
At the age of ten, Kazuhito asked Itsuki to adopt Haine in exchange for fifty-million yen. Shortly after arriving at Itsuki's house, Haine received a letter from her mother, promising that she would come for Haine. Haine clung on to that hope, but her mother never arrived. Itsuki married Ryokka sometime later and moved in, bringing her son Kusame with her.
Haine liked her new family, but felt "a stranger" to them. In middle school, she began wandering the streets at night, becoming a juvenile delinquent (or yanki). She gained a tough reputation at Sakuragicho as the "Hama Cinderella".
Haine enrolled in Imperial Academy High School to get closer to Shizumasa Togu, who was impersonated by Takanari Togu at the time. She started off as a Bronze and also worked as an errand girl for the school.
She has light brown hair and eyes, though sometimes her hair appears to be blonde. Haine often puts her hair up with her school tie.
Personality and traitsEdit
Haine, though not entirely stupid, has shown not to be particularly gifted intelligence-wise as said by her creator.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Haine made her debut appearance in the first chapter, "I'm Not Afraid of the Emperor!" in The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross.
- In the The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross drama CD, she was voiced by Houko Kuwashima.
- The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross
- Chapter 1: "I'm Not Afraid of the Emperor!" (First appearance)
- Chapter 2: "My Troubled Love! The Student Council Is Full of Mystery?!"
- Chapter 3: "Who's the Mastermind? Only Those Who Have Climbed Mount Fuji Can Talk About Its Height?"
- Chapter 4: "Can I Believe in You, So that I May Be Stronger than I Am Now?"
- Bonus Story: "Hydrangea, the Unspoken Love Veiled by Rain"
- Chapter 5: "Tomodachi 06"
- Chapter 6: "That's What I Like About You"
- Chapter 7: "Emperor Study: He Has Such a Large Heart"
- Chapter 8: "The Two Emperors"
- Chapter 9: "The Princess, the Picture Book, and the Prince"
- The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross (drama CD)
- The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross: Arina Tanemura Illustrations (Picture(s) only)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Chapter 1: "I'm Not Afraid of the Emperor!", The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Chapter 9: "The Princess, the Picture Book, and the Prince", The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross
- ↑ Chapter 1: "I'm Not Afraid of the Emperor!", The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross (sidebar)
- ↑ Chapter 4: "Can I Believe in You, So that I May Be Stronger than I Am Now?", The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross