Ai Tachibana has a crush on Mia Serizawa, and even though he feels the same way, Ai cannot properly express her feelings towards him. She makes several attempts to tell Serizawa. Her cousin, Nekota Honjo, who she recently started tutoring, turns out to the source of all her problems. Nekota has been in love with Ai since she saved him a year before.
- Main article: List of Neko to Watashi no Kinyoubi characters
Ai Tachibana (立花愛 Tachibana Ai)
- A cheerful sixteen-year-old high school girl, who enjoys chocolates. She has a crush on Mia Serizawa but does not know how to share her feelings with him. Although her grades are not the best she tutors her cousin, Nekota Honjo. She is surprised to find out Nekota likes her.
Nekota Honjo (本庄猫田 Honjō Nekoda)
- At first he seems to be a sweet elementary school student, but soon he reveals his true mischievous side to Ai. He fell in love with Ai, when she saved him a year ago. Nekota was jealous that Ai had already fallen in love with someone else and began to sabotage it. Ai unknowingly finds out what he had did, and Nekota tells her his intentions.
Mia Serizawa (芹沢ミア Serizawa Mia)
- Ai's crush, he is popular among the girls at his school. He has a crush on Ai and goes to the library to see her every saturday and friday. Because he goes to check out books so much, he is an avid reader.
- Main article: List of Neko to Watashi no Kinyoubi chapters
The manga began serialization on February 5, 2013 in Margaret magazine. Volume one of the series was published on June 25, 2013.